Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weeks 36 & 37

Hubby attended his company's event on 7th Sept. They're given half a day off... so they could have ample time to prepare..... how nice. Though I started to get busy since the beginning of September, managed to take half a day to be with hubby.. that's a last minute decision as I saw my work was moving ok.

Seldom see my honey in suit. He looked good!

As for me, I took the chance to catch up with friends. Was to have dinner with my primary school classmates, PY & Esther, but Esther's dad passed away a few days before our meeting. So it's just going to MG's for some drinks before meeting TM later in the night for another round. But TM dropped a rain check at the last minute. I gotta be understanding as his dad just passed away in end July (yes sadly... the passing of another dad) & his mum's needs are of course the top priority. Since I was all prepared, I went ahead to meet MG & we had quite a bit of catching up. As hubby finished much earlier than expected, I only managed to have a short one.

Settled quite a few things during the weekend, including getting a new phone. My line was due for a 2-year upgrade & we happened to come across a good deal which was on for only a few days - $184 for a Sony Ericsson K810i. I was considering this phone 2 months ago (which eventually got the S500i instead) because of its 3.2mp camera but the thought of having to pay $500+ stopped us from buying. Been using it for more than 2 weeks & I'm a happy girl! So far it's the best among the string of phones I've had for the past 1 - 2 years... no lagging, good reception, clearer pix, .... Hope this will stay with me for a long time.


I like it in Golden Ivory

After a busy day in office on Mon, we cozied up & had an intimate dinner @ Ma Maison (their HQ is in Japan) in Parco that serves Japanese-western food before I left for my Bangkok trip. This used to be one of my fav meet-up places for a few years, be it personal or business lunch, as I like the English cottage interior & ambience. This is a great place for dates especially for lunch as there aren't many restaurants that are romantic enough in the day yet won't burn a hole in the pocket (they serve set lunches @ around $13).
By chance we enjoyed a 20% discount on total bill as every Monday is ladies' night (even Vince as a male got the 20%... not bad right? hee..).



Taken from the internet

No comments: