Monday, May 22, 2006

Dream coming true

We're going for our honeymoon !!

Where?


















When?


















You must be thinking... how come I never mention before 1?? Well... should I say only mid of last week that we decided to have our honeymoon! Though we've been talking about planning a trip since we got married, but no date & destination was fixed.

How it happened?

Was on a flight from KL to Bangkok last Wed. Was so so stressed out... it's the worst mission I've ever done for the past years! Read an article about Paris in the inflight magazine and suddenly I wanted so much to go there for our honeymoon. Waited till night to call & discuss with hubby... but I know my honey dotes on me too much to say "no" to me. Furthermore he likes France, like me! Hehe... Apparently my hubby was a lil surprised initially why the sudden suggestion & he was just concerned about $$$ & timing... whether he could take leave & when it should be. However like I expected, my honey eventually said "we shall go to Paris then! as long as you are happy!". Yeaaaah!

Even my French boss was amused when I told him & the group at Bangkok airport when we touched down. He said "huh? (you decide to go to Paris) just like this?" & I told him "ya lor!".

Just bought our tix online this morning. Almost all the airlines are fully booked including SQ! There're still some seats in SQ, BA & KLM last Sat. Thank God after trying several travel agents & also directly with the airlines, we've got ourselves 2 seats on the exact departure & return dates we want.

Will not be a long trip though... only 8 days. We plan to stay mostly in Paris except about 2 days in Lyon. As both of us hate guided tours, now extremely busy with looking for hotel & more info on where to go. I do have many friends in France but perhaps only meet up with 1 or 2 families because we want most of the time to ourselves to explore! Still considering whether to visit 1 of them, Miguel, who stays in a chateau... his wife's a winemaker & owns a vineyard. Sounds real good ya?? But too bad they stays too far... in Nice. We'll see... we may visit them eventually but most likely not. Train fares not cheap leh.

Just looked at the availability of train from Paris - Lyon. Tickets all sold out for the weekend & the earliest is next Mon (yes it's next Mon! sounds so near!!!). Quite a lot of planning homework to do.... Gotta settle boarding matters for our Tubby boy too.

Can't imagine how different I can feel in a matter of 1 week. Last Monday, I was totally tensed with a full day's meetings here & had to rush to catch a night flight to KL. Couldn't think of the days ahead as too much occupied my mind.

Ok, back to my research now!

Yippeeee! 4 more days to our France tour!!!! I can't believe it!

No comments: