Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Marathon

On New Year's Day, we met L for dinner and continued the chat over drinks... for a record-breaking 9hours. Well I'm not sure about L but that's the longest for me, as well as for hubby.

Dinner started around 6.45pm opposite our place, at this very popular 'Taste of Thailand'. Around 8pm, we moved to our place downstairs. A bottle of red wine, some left over bottles of liquor and chips.

Our drinks of the night + Alizé Bleu (not in pic)

Close to 1am, we adjourned to our place. During this marathon conversation, we'd some conflicting viewpoints. I didn't mean to go against him... not at all.. I'm sure he knew we meant well. I could imagine his pain & shock... afterall it came like an unexpected tsunami that flooded his life & all. But I tried to tell him from a girl's perception. I can't say I totally know her well but there's some knowledge through the past few interactions with her. And I think I can gauge a person pretty accurately most of the time, after some observation through a few conversations & behaviour.

I'm not taking sides, anyway we're not in a position to do so. As we all know, neither of them can say he/she is acquitted, though one might have to shoulder a larger portion of faults for making such move. But there're just too many pre-existing problems that contributed to today's situation which seriously I don't think are negligible issues. Not nitpicking or trying to condemn but I feel that it's important to dissect the problems to know what've actually gone wrong. This is essential for communication & reconciliation, though I'm not sure whether it's too late now. Been there before... if the other party only has the intention to salvage but doesn't realise there're serious problems fatal to the relationship, how can things be worked out? Worse is, what's being focused on is my wrongdoings that have resulted in the current situation & his are considered small matters. To say it crudely, I'll even be more convinced of my decision because things won't change, and he won't change.
I miss M, this sweet friend.

L only left few minutes before 4am. By the time we went to bed, it was nearly 5am. Thank God we didn't have to work the next day.

We know we can't help much... just hope for the best for L, who is a very nice & dear friend to us, in 2009.

No comments: