Wednesday, March 14, 2007

His BD dinner

I'd planned it for the whole day.. all the necessary items were already sourced during lunch time with the intention of getting them right after work. Had also sneaked 2 disposable wine 'glasses' into my handbag before we left home last morning (which wasn't ez as hubby's been taking charge of my bag). And yep, a romantic picnic was in the plot for my honey dearest. As a bottle of wine would be too obvious to sneak out, I planned to get 1 from Cold Storage. Including a takeaway dinner from Sketches.. & a lil birthday cake to end the night. 2 venues were considered - Suntec's Sky Garden (contribution from our dear Celena) & the rooftop Sky Park @ VivoCity (which I preferred)... depending on what time hubby was to arrive as we're fetching mum from her cell group in Bukit Timah @ 845pm. So logistics was the main concern.. yet never did BAD WEATHER appear in my mind. Hai..

Then... starting from 4pm, the sky got darker & darker.. & I became more & more worried. 6.05pm, it started pouring REALLY heavily.. just when I was about to run to Parco to get all needed. Umbrellas weren't of much use due to the rain & wind.. so you know the intensity of the downpour.

Only then I was so glad that I didn't abort my Plan A, that is, dinner buffet @ Fullerton Hotel. Oh.. actually the outdoor dinner was the Plan B. It's up only after we bought our birthday gifts & I thought we could save a bit on the dinner. But apparently my Plan B was washed away by the rain. When the restaurant called me last morning, I was so tempted to cancel the reservation which I made last week but I didn't eventually. So sometimes being kiasu really got advantage 1. Haha!

The view from the restaurant was good but food was alright only... maybe because we aren't into seafood.

It's a short but great night of celebration. I hope you like it, honey :)




@ Town Restaurant


Before leaving


On the way back to 1 Fullerton

website statistics

No comments: