Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Jobless Days

Started my new job last Wed.

During the 4 days when I was unemployed, we went shopping. Nope, not GSS yet but I've very valid reason to shop (it's just self-justification, point-blank :P) 4 I gotta revamp my wardrobe. In my previous job, I could wear anything to work, as long as there's no meeting or event to attend. Now here, there's a pretty strict dresscode & I do look forward to that day when we're allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. As you can imagine I'm not used to it yet after sooo many years of lax dressing. I was always being asked "eh? you can wear like this to work?" & I was always happy to tell them "of course!". Now, my day has come. Frankly, I don't really mind the change... my only headache is my poor feet. I just wonder how all those ladies could walk so fast in their strappies or pumps with heels that reach the sky everyday & there's no sign of pain or discomfort at all.

So I got new clothes, shoes (if I'm not wrong, mules not allowed as well) & bags (I don't have enough nice bags to match my clothes, hee). Fierce shopping indeed & got my loots from every where (no high end ones, thankfully).

Stock take at the end of four days:

- 4 handbags (Aldo, Warehouse, URS)
- 3 pairs of shoes (Charles & Keith, URS, Heatwave)
- 7 tops (BYSI, some small shops in Marina Sq, FEP, AMK Hub)
- 2 pants & 1 skirt (FEP.. very nice cutting & cheap!)

Besides shopping, hubby took a day's leave on Mon & we went for our free buffet lunch @ Merchant Court :)

Hubby imitate my posture!

Wish I could have a longer break but I'm still thankful for how things are now. God is so good :)

website statistics

No comments: