Sunday, April 27, 2008

My New Neighbour & Adaptation

It's pure coincidence that June & I are neighbours now. I mean we work in the same building, of the many skyscrapers in Raffles Place. Have yet to lunch with her. Supposed to meet her last Fri but her meeting overran.

The office of my first job was just diagonally across from my present office. Surely there are lots of changes over the years & boy, the morning office crowd has also grown so much.

Last Fri, we took a break from driving (in fact it's more for hubby). We parked our car opposite Sun Plaza's Park&Ride & took the train to our offices. Wow, the throngs of people who got out of Raffles Place station were overwhelming!

And there's the lunch crowd. So far, other than lunching with a few of my new colleagues on some days, I'm just happy to take a stroll by myself (to get away from work) & get some bite size food at the stalls environ Arcade. I've always hated crowded eating places but guess I've no choice now. When I'm more settled in my new job, hope I can go lunch more often with my colleagues & learn the surviving skills amidst the aggressive, fast-moving lunch crowd. :P

Hubby said there's a can't-be-bothered attitude in those who work in Shenton Way/Raffles Place... especially when crossing the roads. It could be really frustrating for motorists. I guess it's the circumstances that make them this way?

No comments: