Friday, August 29, 2008

The Yearly Affair

Hubby's away "protecting the country" again. Every year I'd have 2 weeks to endure life without my honey. It's a fact that I'm too pampered by him so it's a good time for me to learn to be independent again... hmm.

It's also this time every year that I get together with my friends as much as possible. I could have planned one friend every evening but it's really tiring.

I insist no outing on Mondays. I'll be killing myself if I were to arrange one on the first work day of the week.

Last Tue, went out with Celena. Had a good catch up over a simple dinner at Raffles Xchange's The Soup Spoon. Thurs, with Wendy. We went Prego for dinner.. then City Space on level 70 (Equinox) for a beer. It's a great night but I was home only about 11am. Exhausted!

This Tue, with TM.... he brought me to this German restaurant [Magma] @Bukit Pasoh. Good food. Last night... went out with a colleague. She's from Tax dept on 20th floor, me on 16th floor... yet we become good friends & that's after I tendered my resignation. She's sad that I've to leave just when our friendship starts to blossom. I promise I'll try to meet her over lunch or something as I'll still be in the very same area for my new job.

We worked late till 8pm-ish, then went to MG's for some bites & drinks. Only left around 1.30am!!! Reached home near 2am & we're both completely beat! Right after a quick shower, I knocked out in bed with a swollen upper lip :(( I suspect it's something to do with MG's self-created Watermelon Martini (but it's real nice!).
So I had only a 3.5-hour sleep today. Surprisingly I was fine the whole day till evening... when grogginess started to kick in.

With Flo.... And we had so much fun & laughter:)
And now, I'm so so glad to have my hubby back from the government who "loaned" him for 2 weeks! :D :D

No comments: