Sunday, March 21, 2010

My weakness. His Kindness.

The last 2 weeks had been mainly about work.

God has been very kind to me indeed. Last July, I took a long break because of the move. After we got everything settled, a contract job came knocking on my door. It didn't come too early nor too late.. so wonderful how He worked - I supposed to start to look for a temp job once we moved out in end Aug but the first week was very unsettled @ Aunt GS' & the 2nd week was spent on getting ready the room in Bishan before we could move in. Then the following Fri, we went for our KL trip. Just 2 days after we're back, one of my ex-colleagues looked for me as someone she knew had a temp job offer. Supposed to be a 2-month job but they extended for another 2 months.

Thank God for the timely provision... to keep me active mentally & physically while earning a lil income. During this period I'd to be away frenquently to settle our housing matters. Would not be able to do so if I were employed permanently.

Completed the contact job end Jan & then busied myself with CNY preparations. Started to send in applications a week after CNY. Gone for 2 job interviews the following week & at the 2nd, got an offer.

I actually didn't want to accept it after a very stressful night of consideration. Undoubtedly it gives very good prospect in a 600+ staff strength French company with good pay - mainly regional corporate marketing & event organising. But the workload is overwhelming & as we're working very closely with the US office, there're frequent video conferences & conference calls. And it's worst when we've to include the UK office.. There's 1 monthly VC I know starts @5.30am as 3 time zones need to be match (US, UK & Spore)... meaning I gotta wake up 3ish so I could reach office at about 5am! And many of the con calls start @ 7am .....

So I turned down the offer. They wanted to pay me more but it's no longer a monetary issue (not that we're rich!).. higher pay would come with higher expectation. But the GM was apparently upset. He called personally & asked why didn't I give it a try before saying no. He said he'd big plans for me... he hoped I could eventually take charge of events & the next one's actually a tradeshow in Dubai. He then proposed a 3-month contract placement. I could leave even earlier than the stated period if I really find it unsuitable; it could also be converted to permanent if I want to stay. So I agreed to take on the job as I felt that God wanted me to learn something out if it, be it in long or short term.

2 weeks into the job. I'm already sure I wont't be in it for long... this type of lifestyle is just not suitable for me. Initially I was disappointed with myself... many would have jumped at such a career opportunity. Perhaps I've passed my prime? I do not know... I've let a few good opportunities pass me by in the past & this gonna be the biggest (yet also the toughest job).

When everything has been so unstable due to my loss of direction, God has given me light & hope through the constant support & love I always find in hubby dearest. I can't thank God enough...

This recent mental upheaval has set me thinking & helped me come to terms with my priorities. Guess one can't have the best of both worlds. God has been really really good to me. Like Gin said, I got almost every job that I wanted to get (which I'd give up in the end!), God is so patient with me.. gives me so many chances of trial & error...

I just pray that I can graduate from this 'course' soon.

No comments: