Monday, October 01, 2007

Balanced

The week after my trip was a reasonably well mix.

Friends:
- Monday4 had a short drink with C at Cuppage before dinner with hubby.
- Tuesday4 dinner with Gina & Gin (Sara had last minute fire-fighting @work) at Prego.

Work:
- Wednesday & Thursday4 hubby & I stayed back in our respective offices to meet some deadlines.

Shopping:
- Friday4 bought a nice short casual dress from Bugis. And hubby, who took over the S500i after I got my K810i, has had enough of the sickly phone (keypad cracked for the 3rd time in 2 months & M2 cardslot not functioning again) & got himself a new hp. Another good deal... we paid $0 for a slim, 3G SE K530i.


Errands:
- Saturday
4 bought our fav Macadamia nuts mooncakes from Amara Hotel's Silk Road.
4 sent S500i for repair (keypad replacement)... made a wasted trip to Wisma's as it's closed for renovation. So had to go to the Eastpoint service centre instead.
4 got all the stuff needed @ Parkway's Giant for next day's BBQ.
4 went Far East Plaza to sell our S500i. Can't believe it could be sold for $250... we'd been asking around & the resale value was S$150 to S$180. That was the shop which bought our E65 at a very high price too.
4 bought raw satay at Tiong Bahru hawker centre.

Family:
- had a very small scale BBQ at our place as the yearly mid-autumn gathering. Though just the few of us this year (mum, sis, Rachel, Vince & I), we had a great time. Invevitably I felt sad for mum.. it's only less than 2 years without dad around & the family has shrunk so much... but mum has become much stronger than we expected her to be.
At times like this I appreciate hubby even more. From the very day we got together, he has been by my side during all the good & bad times... he's my only support who helps to keep my feet firmly on the ground through stormy weathers (& I truly thank God for such a very precious gift).
And mum is so fond of him. That evening, we ran out of fire starters so hubby had to go & get more. While waiting, I made a slight comment that we would have had enough if not for his insistance on the smaller box. But mum immediately defended him "thrifty is good.. I like! He's a very good boy.....". Hmm.. I admit that's very soothing to my ears. Hee.
To think that nearly 4 years ago she made totally opposite remarks about him. :))

Honey & his charcoaled hands!

No comments: