Friday, October 26, 2007

About TM

Met TM last evening, finally. We had dinner @ NUSS Suntec Guild House.

We ordered a few dishes with plain rice. Did he tell me over the phone just a while ago (when he's on his way to pick me) that he wanted something light? Actually he wanted to finish his bottle @ Bala after dinner. But I had a self-imposed curfew. Hubby's still working when I met TM & he planned to fetch me after his work & dinner. He's already beat after a long day's work & I didn't want to stretch his night. Moreover, nowadays I don't return late on week nights. Good gal right? Guess age plays a big part.

TM's obviously trimmer now. According to him, more than 6kg shed. I asked him for some slimming tips & he replied: "try moving house for 3 times?" So all the house washing & pack/unpacking seemed to be effective huh. But believe the main reason gotta be the difficult 3 months he had (his dad). Especially during the 1st 2 months, frequent road trips between Spore & KL. Being the only son & the distance apart, not difficult to imagine his burden. And now he travels hecticly every other week till at least end of this year, to make up for the past months largely reserved for his mum. Besides juggling between work & trips back home, albeit reducing, he'd talk with his mum minimum twice a day & makes an effort to bring her for holidays once in 2 - 3 months. His mum will also make a trip here every now & then.
Yet I complain it's tough taking care of mum, with such convenient proximity compared to his? Think it's a matter of managing our own expectations?

TM, an intelligent man (RI & RJ graduate), has a caring personality & no airs at all. After dinner, he waited with me at the taxi stand for hubby to come pick me though I kept reassuring him that I could wait by myself. Afterall it wasn't late (10pm). As hubby had to stop some distance away so he wouldn't obstruct traffic, TM insisted on crossing the road with me, saw me to our car & even closed the door for me. He & hubby just managed to exchange "hi" & "bye" through the car window as there're approaching vehicles behind us. He only started to walk away (back to the other side of the road) when we moved off. Isn't he more than nice?

I'm indeed blessed to not only have a very chivalrous man as hubby, but also a good friend who's of such fine breed. ;)

No comments: